The Antenatal and Post Natal Course is aimed at Fitness professional looking to enhance their understanding and be able to competently work with ante and post-natal clients. This course will teach you everything you need to know about designing and delivering effective programmes.
- How to plan and teach antenatal and postnatal sessions within your area of expertise.
- Physiological and anatomical changes to the body throughout pregnancy, in relation to exercise.
- Changes in nutritional requirements for ante and postnatal clients.
- How to identify cases when exercise and activity aren’t recommended.
- How to maintain participant safety and respond to an emergency situation.
Methods of assessment
1 Multiple choice exam
1 Learner portfolio
- Over 18 years of age
- A minimum of three months' teaching experience is strongly recommended.
One of the following equivalents:
- Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer