KORE Academy Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF) is aimed at those learners looking to gain entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to a professionally competent level enabling them to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise.
In order to achieve KORE Academy Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) learners must complete the following 6 units listed below.
• Principles of exercise, fitness, and health
• Anatomy and physiology of exercise
• Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
• Health, safety, and welfare in a fitness environment
• Instructing gym-based exercise
• Planning gym-based exercise
Student Entry Requirements
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is an advantage.
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and
To be able to be granted with KORE Academy Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing, the student must
• Attain a minimum of 70% in both Anatomy and Physiology and Principles of Fitness Theory Exams
• Pass a practical examination and hand in a fully completed Learner Assessment Record
The fitness industry in KSA and the Middle East is experiencing much growth with new job opportunities arising daily. Once you have completed your course KORE Academy will direct you to employment opportunities and give you information on contract advantages and disadvantages in order for you to make an informed career choice. KORE Academy can also supply recommendation letters for any of the students that show excellence in etiquette, professionalism, timekeeping, and employability throughout their course.
On successfully achieving this qualification learners could potentially gain employment as a
• Fitness Instructor/gym instructor
• Exercise instructor
The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) have provided a letter of recognition for the qualification indicating that the qualification is fit for purpose in terms of progress into employment within the health and fitness sector.